Hosts Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage Talk 'MythBusters'

More from this series:

Commonwealth Club of California

Likes
Dislikes

KVachon Avatar
KVachon
Posted: 09.07.10, 06:31 AM
Adam has said that will be on their Final Season. He just doesnt want to deal with the drama it will dig up. But he does want to Bust it
nandavanoostveen Avatar
nandavanoostveen
Posted: 08.15.10, 08:00 AM
I thought that Jamie was quite modest and silent here but he clearly has great vision for what people like. This show has purely risen because of its entertainment value and gives youngsters an insight into the importance of empirical evidence. I hope they will continue the show for years to come. Thanks, Jaap Liefdesverdriet
freemycatfish Avatar
freemycatfish
Posted: 04.14.10, 07:34 AM
Science and Religion.
I love the fact that these guys say they will not do supernatural stuff. I am a Christian that loves science and who really enjoys looking at stuff which, from my perspective, God has made. I get two kinds of wonder going on at the same time. For me, the kind of aggressive God hating scientist is a fool who is missing more that he/she can ever know but, I don't hate them the way many of them hate me. That is also another positive. The fact that most of the greatest scientists in our history also happen to have been Christians and their genius was not destroyed by their understanding of God but rather, enhanced by it, is for me, amazing. The Richard Dawkins approach to religion so many of his misguided followers adopt simply makes us poorer and creates the kind of arrogant scientists many horror movies and stories of the past illustrate only too well. My attitude is, if you do not believe then leave those alone who do. The arrogant idea that YOU alone know the truth is as crazy as the idea that any Christian might think all science is evil. It is interesting to me that if you put science and religion together and compare them, science has killed more people than religion ever has. Add in politics and now you find that politics and science have been responcible for most of the deaths on earth and have far out stripped religion. Yet I do not believe that all politicians and all scientists are evil people any more than I believe that Christians, misled by politicians into fighting wars in the name of God, started out as evil people. Conversely, the same applies when we look at the good things in the world which science and religion have done. I live in a warm house in chilly England because of science. My streets are safe because of Christianity. I suppose the key is this: Whatever you think is right be careful you are not misled. Think for yourself and think, if I do this thing will others be hurt by it? If the answer comes up yes, don't do it. Or, as Christ put it, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." I love science and I love these guys. It is attitudes not investigation that worries me. Jamie and Adam have the wisest approach.
Bego Avatar
Bego
Posted: 04.10.10, 12:47 PM
I can't express how much I admire this two men. Adam, especially, is a huge inspiration for me. And I bet he also is for many others. Thanks for this awesome interview!
chuck357 Avatar
chuck357
Posted: 04.07.10, 09:36 AM
Mythbusters is by far my favorite show to come from the discovery channel. Would be nothing without these two!
Greyhound1405 Avatar
Greyhound1405
Posted: 03.28.10, 04:24 AM
Well done Guys. My favourite programme here in the UK. They have done loads for science. How about busting the myths of Religion Guys? Oh yeah, you can't prove a negative lol. Lovely to see you're just as funny here as on the show. Thanks.
meshuggah Avatar
meshuggah
Posted: 03.24.10, 06:37 PM
really great stuff. thanks also.
Contented-Ignoramus Avatar
Contented-Ignoramus
Posted: 03.24.10, 05:30 PM
What a great pair of characters. Thanks Fora.
nmc Avatar
nmc
Posted: 03.22.10, 03:50 AM
really enjoyed watching that guys, well done.