Religion | Gaming | Film | Fashion | Sex | Philosophy | Education | History | Arts | Music | Travel | Photography

Carolyn Jessop on her Escape from the FLDS

Likes
Dislikes

Lary9 Avatar
Lary9
Posted: 07.28.10, 01:11 PM
~ Glenlivet~ Americans have been biting hard at the heels of Mormons ever since Joseph Smith took them to Missouri. Believe me they've been on the cult-radar of America for over 180 years and they're still a testament to the insanity of this totally fabricated religion.
harrisonjason Avatar
harrisonjason
Posted: 07.22.09, 11:47 AM
well done carolyn. you saved your family from a pointless, brutal existence. i applaud your guts and intelligence
Glenlivvet Avatar
Glenlivvet
Posted: 04.11.09, 06:11 PM
Indeed. I used to live very close to the border of Colorado City, and polygamist women would come into the restaurant that I worked at all the time wearing very dark shades. I was too naive to know at the time why they wore them so often.
Glenlivvet Avatar
Glenlivvet
Posted: 04.11.09, 06:09 PM
I can't believe we as Americans allowed something like this to happen to women and children for so long in this country. I understand the right to practice your religion but human rights in Colorado City have been violated en masse for long enough, don't you think?
journeyer58 Avatar
journeyer58
Posted: 05.03.08, 08:39 PM
The very idea that a person has that much power over another is incredible. To combat the fundamentalism that would cause these kinds of groups, we must give information to the members that they are free and do not have to be enslaved by another.
tennisgrl101 Avatar
tennisgrl101
Posted: 05.02.08, 11:06 AM
this is such a fansinating story
belindaesq Avatar
belindaesq
Posted: 04.25.08, 12:04 PM
For some reason it won't click to my website... www.divorce-inaday.com
belindaesq Avatar
belindaesq
Posted: 04.25.08, 12:03 PM
If you want even more info, check out the Utah and Arizona Attorney General's report on child abuse in polygamous societies. I have a link to in on the bottom right of the opening page of my website. It will blow your mind!
avidreader21 Avatar
avidreader21
Posted: 04.18.08, 02:31 PM
It seems these types of books of escaping from fundamentalist religion have been gaining popularity over the past couple of years. Another book I would highly recommend is Fundamentally Misguided about a young woman from the Bible Belt who was raised fundamentalist and later got caught up in a Y2K cult at the turn of the millennium. A brave memoir indeed.
Manna Avatar
Manna
Posted: 04.18.08, 10:17 AM
What an amazing story. Hard to fathom these types of groups exist within our borders.