marijuana | Healthcare | Gun Control | Foreign Policy | Muslim World | Terrorism | Capitol Hill | Social Issues

It Can Happen Here

Likes
Dislikes

MEIN PNAC KAMPF Avatar
MEIN PNAC KAMPF
Posted: 10.24.11, 09:32 AM
Reichstag Fire, Gleichschaltung, Machtergreifung, The Enabling Act.... " Under the decree, issued by von Hindenburg on the basis of Article 48, the government was given authority to curtail constitutional rights including free expression of opinion, freedom of the press, rights of assembly, and the privacy of postal, telegraphic and telephonic communications. Constitutional restrictions on searches and confiscation of property were likewise suspended... " READ: The Enabling Act (Ermächtigungsgesetz, Berlin, 23 March 1933) - Law to Remedy the Distress of People and Reich http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enabling_Act_of_1933 "Deception is a state of mind and the mind of the State" ~ James Jesus "Mother" Angleton, Head of CIA Counter Intelligence 1954-1974
rocketdog Avatar
rocketdog
Posted: 06.20.07, 11:46 AM
What's really funny about this is that even Conason doesn't agree with his take on the government. See video at 4:50 . Kid, you impress me. "Exegesis" is a big word for a 12-year-old. Does your mom know you post on this website?
SNS Avatar
SNS +
FORA.tv Staff
Posted: 06.20.07, 11:14 AM
TTTC's diatribe is entertaining, but it does seem short on substance. What court panel is he referring to, for instance? And how does that particular excerpt give any credence to the fringed out idea that "it" (i.e. a fascist state) is in any remote danger of happening here? Like most diatribes, the shrillness is usually compensating for something- like the lack of an argument.
rocketdog Avatar
rocketdog
Posted: 06.20.07, 10:38 AM
Zing! Classy!
a_tendency_to_care Avatar
a_tendency_to_care
Posted: 06.16.07, 11:08 PM
Hmmm... Sir Royalwee-man is calling me out... Enemy Combatant: a phrase to take you to school with, Sir Wee-Man. My homework submission on the subject of Bushy fascinistas, Update: IT is still happening here and in Gitmo, in secret location euro-trash torture prisons, in the prison industrial complexes, and in... but wait, a crack in Bushy's Captain America costume just appeared in the form of a little justice smackdown, I quote (Wee-man, just google this for an exegesis): "To sanction such presidential authority to order the military to seize and indefinitely detain civilians, even if the President calls them 'enemy combatants,' would have disastrous consequences for the constitution — and the country," the court panel said. 'Nuf said. Or, does the Wee-wanker named No-sack -townjudge wanna feel some of this hippy's SF-jury by common sense smackdown octagonal mixed martial arts slap around big enough to fit yo mamma's delirious new school playah'z' neuron power ray?
RoyalWe Avatar
RoyalWe
Posted: 05.02.07, 10:17 PM
Conason's whole premise is a sensationalized stretch at a marketable topic. And 'a_tendency_to_care' has a tendency to not do his homework.
rocketdog Avatar
rocketdog
Posted: 03.15.07, 03:28 PM
You know, I find it only too ironic that the most self-righteous, hyperbolic, and blatantly ideological FORA.tv regular is the guy always calling for moderation and agreement on common ground. You're a big fat hypocrite, pal, and I'm ashamed to I find myself on your side of anything.
rocketdog Avatar
rocketdog
Posted: 03.15.07, 12:38 PM
You've really got it in for me, don't you dude? I'm a liberal , get it? Maybe not as far to the left as your nutty butt, but a liberal nonetheless. Shades of gray indeed. Speak for yourself. Incidentally, I happen to like Conason. Which is why I'm glad he doesn't have to worry about being SHOT by the Bush Administration for putting out books like this.
a_tendency_to_care Avatar
a_tendency_to_care
Posted: 03.14.07, 11:44 PM
I am sure the Leader 's of our Fora community here will come out and paint this man as a Cassandra in trousers but let me be the first to stand up and say that very real parallels do certainly exist between the extreme totalitarian states of fascist Europe and Russia and the more modern and stylized version here at home—right now. [THE PATRIOT ACT for starters.] As an aside, Phillip Roth's fictional novel The Plot Against America is a referential read that I like to point out that may also lend some metaphorical weight to Conason's arguments as well. Shades of gray everyone... please.