Religion | Gaming | Film | Fashion | Sex | Philosophy | Education | History | Arts | Music | Travel | Photography

Sam Harris: The View From The End Of The World

More from this series:

The Long Now Foundation

Likes
Dislikes

scott@cbnm.com Avatar
scott@cbnm.com
Posted: 12.19.11, 01:09 PM
same issue imac i am canceling my sub sorry
theknopfknows Avatar
theknopfknows
Posted: 11.24.10, 03:08 PM
Sorry I forgot In the sixties, the Buddhist in Vietnam would sit down, pour gasoline on themselves and human torch. So all societies at one time or another suicide was the path. Equality in death is a Islamic cultural trait. Christians equality in suffering, everyone suffers once in a while. Hindu-Buddhist, equality in silence, we are all equal in silent meditation, Jews like Sam say that everyone is born unknowing , therefore ignorance at birth is equality, your automatic purpose in life is to know. thanks
theknopfknows Avatar
theknopfknows
Posted: 11.24.10, 02:43 PM
Thanks Fora and the long now foundation, Sam forgot that Iranian President is a Holocaust denier. Pres Abbas for Palestinians, his masters thesis was, Holocaust never happened, because you couldn´t kill that many people in that short period of time. Both these Shiíte muslims beleive the prophets Jesus, Moses, Husain will come back to guide Humanity but not until everyone becomes a muslim or a Christian. Faith is beleif and seeing is beleiving, what you see is what you get. Reality has nowhere to stand.
Lary9 Avatar
Lary9
Posted: 07.28.10, 10:40 AM
Sam Harris is a brilliant, naturalistic prophet. I admire his clarity. For someone as conspicuously rational as Sam, it's ironic that he has such a commonplace name---Sam Harris. He ought to be named Col. J. Beauregard Pennyworth, EdD, DDv, PhD,BPOE, HMO, HTML
Dmitry76 Avatar
Dmitry76
Posted: 04.07.10, 01:55 AM
Obscurantism is the most comforting thing.
Trevar Avatar
Trevar
Posted: 03.09.10, 12:40 PM
@Lori: I'm an employee at FORA.tv. :-) Glad the video is streaming for you now. Sounds like the Flash update fixed the issue.
Lori Blank Avatar
Lori Blank
Posted: 03.09.10, 12:35 PM
Must post this update erhaps someone at FORA flipped a switch somewhere, because I am now viewing videos on the site. Thanks for your attention; it is always nice to be heard!
Lori Blank Avatar
Lori Blank
Posted: 03.09.10, 12:08 PM
Thanks Trevar. Yes, everything is precisely the same. I feel like a parched, dry sponge placed about 1 inch from the ocean....I want to soak up the knowledge, but am just not close enough~
Trevar Avatar
Trevar
Posted: 03.09.10, 09:06 AM
@Lori: Are you still getting the same error message? Are you able to watch video on other sites, like YouTube or Vimeo? I'll be sure someone responds to your support email. Trevar
Lori Blank Avatar
Lori Blank
Posted: 03.09.10, 09:02 AM
Thank you, I did need to update my Flashplayer. Unfortunately, I still cannot view the clips here. Ugh, the look so good! I could really sink my teeth into them. Can you recommend another such site? Or possibly, do you have any other ideas? I have contacted support via email...still nothing. Perhaps I will call them.
Watch The Long Now Foundation
$99.95/Year
Unlimited access to all programs
Watch Sam Harris: The View From The End Of The World